Deep-clean Your Fridge
When was the last time you threw away the leftovers lying in the back of your refrigerator for the last two weeks? Well now is the time to do so. Every refrigeration clean-up starts with throwing out any spoiled or recalled food. You can then empty your refrigerator, keeping in mind to take out drawers, shelves or any other removable parts. Wash these parts with hot soapy water and then dry with a clean towel, keeping in mind to not wash glass shelves under hot water as this can cause cracks or shattering. You can then start with cleaning the inside of the refrigerator using the same method, and then you can return the shelves, drawers and food back into the refrigerator once everything is dry.
Moreover, for the freezer, repeat the same steps, except use a scraper to scrape off any excess ice in the freezer compartment. If you are keen on sanitizing your refrigerator, you can mix one tablespoon of bleach with a gallon of water and use this on the walls of the fridge after you have wiped it down with hot water.
Refrigerator Cleaning Steps
- Prepare For the Purge: Cleaning the refrigerator is not always the nicest of jobs but to reduce the ick factor and to streamline the overall cleaning process, it is important to have some supplies handy like:
- Disposable gloves
- A cleaning solution
- Trash bags
- Microfiber cloths
- A sponge for scrubbing
- Start by Purging: Take everything out of your fridge and by everything we mean everything from food to drawers to trays.
- Do an Inspection: See which perishable items you need to put in the freezer like meat or milk. You can the set aside jars, bottles or any other item you would like to review. Throw out any rotting or smelling food.
- Scrubbing Time! Use the cleaning solutions to scrub at any deposits or grime you see. Wash the racks and drawers separately in a dish washer using soap and hot water. You can work on the inside of the fridge using a vinegar and boiling water solution. This will eliminate any left-over odors from that Chinese takeout sitting in the back of your refrigerator since days. For the outside of the refrigerator, you can use a microfiber cloth to give it good clean not forgetting the top of the refrigerator where all the dust settles. It cleans your refrigerator removing any appliance or fingerprint marks that often mar the surfaces of refrigerators.
- A Tip for Sticky Spots: Some marks just refuse to budge. What you can do is wet a rag with hot water and press it against the mark you want to get rid of. The moisture generated by the heat will break down whatever it is that is congealed, making it easier to wipe down. You can repeat this step multiple times for those unrelenting stains.
- Now Put Everything in its Place: Restock your food in the refrigerator along with all the drawers you took out. Make sure you inspect the food that you have left over for any empties or mold.
Ready to tackle another dirty job? Here are our oven cleaning tips
When you are looking for a cleaning service in Atlanta metro, you need a company you can trust to show up on time and do a great job. That is exactly what you will get with Maid Services Atlanta. We are dependable, trustworthy and have high-quality cleaning standards and customer service. Our maids and cleaning technicians offer a wide variety of cleaning services for residential and commercial environments. House cleaning services include regular cleaning services based on the schedule that meets your needs, with standard weekly, biweekly, and monthly cleaning service. One-time deep cleaning and move in and move out cleaning services are available.